5.30.2011

A Book Club Via Twitter? Noice.

If any of you have Twitter accounts (which I feel like a lot of people do), there is a cool thing that is about to happen... basically a Twitter Book Club.

Jeff Howe, a journalism professor at Northeastern University, is helping to organize 1book140 (i.e. one book review in 140 characters, which means you cant blab on and on and bore everyone to tears). The first book that has been chosed for 1book140 is Margaret Atwood's novel The Blind Assassin. I haven't read anything by Margaret Atwood, but I do have The Handmaid's Tale on my To Read list because I've heard a lot of good things about her.



So, for 1book140 all you have to do is read the novel and then share your comments, questions and concerns using hashtag #1book140 when you post on twitter. Once you have posted you can click on the hashtag and see what everyone else has said about it.

The schedule of reading is located here and it starts on June 1st, so if you don't own the book (like me) you should probably run to the nearest book store and pick one up!

On to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment