6.13.2011

The Word Made Flesh

So I got a semi-unexpected paycheck the other day, which was awesome, and now I am stuck with a predicament. Do I:

a) save the money for pouring a new patio in my backyard or 
b) get a new tattoo

such are the trials of my life.

It didn't help that I started looking at tattoos based on literature this morning (I always find it fascinating to see what people will put on their bodies). So, here are a few that I found:

Robert Frost (love the font, duh)

Moby Dick (haven't read it, but cool nonetheless)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (I loves me some Steadman art)

Kerouac (so much text! but cool idea)

Harry Potter (it GLOWS? Get out!)

Fahrenheit 451 (So. Good.)




Where the Wild Things Are (obvs a classic book. The movie was odd. And disappointing)


Emily Dickinson (Beautiful. Love the dandelion)

Stephen King Dark Tower (clever)


What I really want is a literary tattoo, but it does sort of make me nervous to have someone else's words on me forever and ever and ever. What if down the road I randomly decide that I don't love that person's work? Eh, it's probably impossible. But look at how CUTE this girl's tattoo is:



Here is a video on the book The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos from Bookworms Worldwide. I'm pretty sure that I need to own this - if only for the fact that it would be an awesome coffee table book.




Anyway, that is all. I shall continue to rack my brain on tattoo vs. patio.

On to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment