11.26.2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Thanksgiving Edition



This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a list of things we are thankful for. Wanting to keep this as bookish as possible I came up with ten different books that I am thankful for because they led, in different ways, to my book nerdedry. 

Books that made me love reading:

1. Flat Stanley - Jeff Brown
 [One of my most favorite books when I was younger, I couldn't even tell you the amount of times my mom read this to me, or I read it to myself at bedtime.]


2. Goosebumps Series - R.L. Stein
[Everytime the book fair would come to our school, I would check every possible Goosebumps that was available - if I didn't already own it - and lord knows, I own A LOT of Goosebumps books]


Books that made me love literature:

3. Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
[All of these are books I read in Junior English class. They are the reason I went to school for an English Literature Degree. And to the man that taught me these - Dr. Mooney - you are the main reason I continued to love books, but truly why I began to love classic literature.]



4. Ethan Frome - Edith Wharton


5. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald



Books that helped me through a tough time:

6. Bluebird - Bukowski [Poem]
[I read this poem all the time, say passages of it in my head when I need to, but mostly this poem has been able to help me with a lot of different things. The Bluebird is a big symbol in my life now, simply because of this poem]


7. The Five People You Will Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
[When my uncle passed away, it was devastating for my mom and myself. Someone gave her a copy of this book, and it worked wonders for my grieving process. Thinking of what people my uncle would meet in heaven made it that much easier to accept he was gone.]




Books that I can come back to anytime:

8. Bag of Bones - Stephen King
[In my opinion, the best book King has written. As you can see by how beat up my copy is, I've read it about a trillion times.]


9. The Red Tent - Anita Diamont
[Given to me by my Crazy Aunt Suzie, this book is another that I continually come back to.]


10. In Watermelon Sugar - Richard Brautigan
[Duh. My love for Brautigan should be pretty dang apparent by now, and this, the first book I'd read by him, is one that I can read again and again and again.]


For all of these books I am truly thankful, for so many different reasons. 
Happy Thanksgiving, all! 

On to Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment