11.18.2013

Return of the Bloggity.



Oh little Bloggity, I wonder if you think I’d forgotten about you? Left you in the limbo, the purgatory, of Forgotten Blogs on the Interwebs?

Well, the answer is no. You’ve always been there, in the back of my mind. Stowed in the corner of Things to Write, adjacent to Art to Make. It’s a very lonely corner of my brain. Some may say it’s where things go to die. But in my case, it’s just where ideas and things go to sit and twiddle their thumbs until the time is “right”.

But you my friend, your time is now. So, like a phoenix rising from the ashes (too much?) we’re gonna give this another go.

I think a good part of you being put aside was, not only because of my promotion at work (which being both a blessing, and a curse, was more of the former), it was that I was so worried about updating you, keeping you alive with books and poems and bookish thoughts. But, when I was as busy as I was, it was hard to get through a book in a timely manner. When I’d get home at midnight and have to be to work the next morning at 9am (excuses, excuses, right?), it would get too hard to update you and tell whoever reads these ramblings, what I’d felt, or thought, about anything I’d read.

So yes, in the interim I’ve read, as much as possible, but neglected updating you, Bloggity. But now, REJOICE!, I’ve found time to give us a second chance. 

I can’t promise it will work, but damn it, we’ll try.

On to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment