12.19.2013

Looky Looky I Got a Booky



So, if you know anything about me by now, you know that I love books. I love buying books. I love reading books. I love owning books. 
And even when I have a pile a mile high of books to read, I still buy them. 
It's not like I won't EVER get to them, you know?

So anyway, here are the latest books that I have acquired:
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
I've always wanted to read this, especially since it's from the same guy who wrote The Virgin Suicides, which I thought was awesome.

Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
Truth be told, I actually just finished this one. I had no clue what it was about, it just came up on EVERY must read list, so I figured I would buy it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I just read. So, look forward to that post, I guess.

On Booze - F Scott Fitzgerald
 It's called On Booze. It has F Scott's drinking stories in it. Why WOULDN'T I buy it?

F Scott Fitzgerald Classic Works
 This little gem, and by little I mean MONSTROUS book, was only $6 at Barnes and Noble the other day. It has two full length stories and 19 short stories. I'd call that a win.

The Stranger Beside Me - Anne Rule
I read this when I was very young... actually, probably too young. It scared the bejeezus out of me. I had nightmares that Bundy was going to come and kill me and my family. But, it also made me become obsessed with serial killers, which I guess is sort of a cool thing, but also kind of creepy.

House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski 
A customer at work recommended this book to me and my best friend. I bought her a copy and she bought me a copy, and she has already finished it. She says it's creepy but awesome, so I am really looking forward to it. It's gigantic, but when you look through the book, some pages only have one word on them, or a tiny paragraph. It is going to be a VERY unique read.


Joyland  - Stephen King
It's Stephen King. I had to get it.

IQ84 - Haruki Murakami
I read Kafka on the Shore, and didn't hate it. Was just very weirded out by it. So, why not try to revisit Murakami with a GIANT book? Who knows what I was thinking when I bought this. I think I blacked out.

On to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment