6.12.2012

Book Sale.


The library downtown was having their annual book sale a couple of weeks ago. I’ve always wanted to go to it, but it’s one of those things where I ALWAYS seem to have something going on at the exact same time. But I luckily made it this time around.

At the front door they give you a plastic bag, you can fill it up and pay $9.00 for the whole bag, or buy the books individually.

I opted for the bag.




This is what I acquired:

Stephen King’s The Tommyknockers which I’ve always wanted to read.

Stephen King’s Four Past Midnight – four of King’s novellas. Should be some quick easy reads.

The Theme of Love what appears to be an old paperback text book, with collections of essays, poems, plays, fiction works – all about the theme of love. It just seemed really interesting and old to me, so in the bag it went.

Volumes 1 & 3 (Volume 2 was nowhere to be found) of Greek Tragedies. These two little gems include plays like Antigone, Hippolytus and The Bacchae. It should be interesting to read those old Greek Classics again.

Samuel Butler’s The Way of All Flesh which sucks because I ALREADY BOUGHT IT. [I need to write down books I already have.] So anyway, apparently I REALLY want to read this book, or else I wouldn’t have bought it. Twice.

Margaret Atwood’s The Robber Bride  I was on the hunt for a copy of The Handmaid’s Tale which I believe I mentioned I left on the plane on the way back from Ireland. Shucks. But I found this one, not sure what it’s about, but so far I’ve liked Atwood and want to see what else she has to offer. I’m still keeping my eye open for “T.H.T.” though.

Yevgeny Zamyatin’s We which was a book I had seen on “Must Read Dystopian Novels”, I think on Goodreads.com. Anyway, I love dystopian, so hopefully this doesn’t lead me astray.

And last but not least, Edgar Allan Poe’s 8 Tales of Terror which really just reminded me of a book my mom bought me when I was in the 4th grade, a collection of Poe’s stories. They were a little too much for me to completely comprehend at that age, so now I can read them all again.

The book sale was mostly made up of completely random books, as well as a plethora of Stephen King & Dean Koontz novels. So I was happy with the hoard I got.

On to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment